Sunlife Rehabilitation Center Provides Prenatal Chiropractor Care
An increase in aches and pains often accompanies even a healthy pregnancy. Finding a qualified pregnancy chiropractor who can provide pain relief may mean the difference between an enjoyable pregnancy and one filled with discomfort. At Sunlife Rehabilitation Center in Miami, FL, we offer expert chiropractic care to help make your pregnancy as comfortable and pain-free as possible.
Back Pain during Pregnancy
Carrying a pregnancy will increase the pressure on the spine and sometimes result in back pain. As the baby develops and pressure on the back increases, many women may find it necessary to seek treatment from a pregnancy chiropractor. There are several reasons back pain occurs during a pregnancy:
- Weight Gain - Most women will normally gain between 25 and 35 pounds when pregnant. Excess weight will put more stress on the spinal column.
- Hormonal Changes - Hormones released to aid in the birth process can cause pain and instability along the spinal column.
- Muscles Separate - Muscles in the abdominal area will expand as the uterus continues to grow. This can lead to back pain.
Benefits of Visiting a Pregnancy Chiropractor
Besides back pain, it's not unusual to experience pelvic and leg pain as a pregnancy progresses. A pregnancy or family chiropractor can help an individual relieve pain and reduce the discomfort that sometimes accompanies pregnancy. There are also many other benefits a person may receive when getting treatment from a prenatal chiropractor.
- Reduce Nausea - Morning sickness and general nausea are common symptoms experienced during pregnancy. Chiropractic treatments may be able to reduce nausea after realigning the spine. Spine realignment can improve the overall functioning of the nervous system.
- Properly Position the Baby - Babies that are not in a head-first position, or what is known as breech position, may present complications during delivery. Regular visits with a prenatal or family chiropractor can help ensure the baby has room to freely move into an optimal delivery position.
- Promote Easier Delivery - Visiting a prenatal chiropractor not only provides pain relief but may make the labor and delivery easier and more comfortable. This may occur after the hips, spine, and pelvis receive regular alignment.
How Can Sunlife Rehabilitation Center in Miami, Fl Help?
If you're looking for a pregnancy or family chiropractor, Sunlife Rehabilitation Center features experienced chiropractic professionals who can help you reduce pain and discomfort during your pregnancy. We also provide chiropractic treatment for those experiencing pain after a fall or a car accident. Contact us at (305) 960-7073 in Miami, FL, for more information.